New businesses born in this technologically developed age have a number of advantages that can really be put to work for them. For one, building a clientele is faster with the help of both on-site and online marketing strategies. Locational limits are no longer much of a hindrance; for those you are unable to reach locally, you can definitely connect with via the world wide web.
There are many tools and aids a business can employ in order to boost marketing and sales efforts. Thru the internet, product information can easily be shared and getting people knowledgeable, interested, and decided on purchasing your product is very much doable. A number of things to be taken in consideration are listed below:
- Your business website is your basic and primary means of marketing. Building an attractive website is most crucial to driving customers to your online business site. Web design must be appealing and easy on the eyes. Pages must be uncluttered, readable, and easily navigated. Company information must be complete without overwhelming; conciseness is key. Full contact information should be available. Let people know how you can be reached and ensure that all inquiries will really be attended to once prospective clients make contact.
New businesses can avail of web hosting services. Different packages are available for choosing. Pick one that will meet your company’s particular needs. Some offer packages which include web development, containment, and maintenance. Web hosts store all your files and website information and happenings. They help businesses gain online presence quickly and affordably.
Make sure to choose a host that can provide reliable and optimum speed and hardware. Connection must be high- speed, preferably at T3 minimum. Unlimited bandwidth is a better preference. Confirm that back-up systems are provided for. As to space, leave room for expansion. Don’t limit your website to small MBs. Prices are competitive nowadays, you can definitely find a provider that offers good amount of space at a good price.
Other basic features which must be provided are: domain name registration, free and prompt technical support, multiple e-mail accounts which customers will contact you at, e-mail forwarding and auto-responders, file transfer protocol which is necessary for file sending, web statistics for accurate traffic monitoring, secure server, and more importantly, shopping cart software. Shopping cart facilitates purhcases; choose a web hosting service that offers good cart packages.
- Content Marketing helps build rapport and loyal following. Your website should not contain company product and service information alone; that would be very limiting. You would want them to keep coming back even after a purchase has been made already. Also, diversity as to content will drive more prospects into your site.
Establish authority and gain trust by providing valuable content that will be useful for your targeted visitors. Provide helpful information relevant to your type of product or service industry. If you are into medical product sales, produce helpful articles in the area of medicine or health. Release eNews, newsletters and journals, case studies, etc. that people will find helpful. This will guarantee more visits to your site. Provide engaging content for your specific type of audience.
Freelance writers may be hired directly for this need. You discuss the work requirement and deadlines and the writer or writers are put to work. You may also hire specific companies that have a pool of freelance writers already. The contracting company will take care of the topics that your site should cover and will handle all writer assignments. You may opt for that if it’s more convenient.
- Social Media Marketing provides more channels for exposure and promotion. Years ago, social media networks were just a few; businesses had limits in their marketing campaigns. It’s no longer the case. Make social networks work for you. Take advantage of the venues the following provides for your business: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Tumbler, various forums, blogsites, and many more. Through these mentioned, you can build an audience across various channels; brand equity is also achieved as more and more people are exposed to your particular brand, logo, and company name.
Freelancers and specific marketing companies may be hired to handle social media marketing efforts. Check for quality regularly and make sure that the one you hire will not simply spam pages and user accounts. Social Media Marketers must be able to join and contribute to discussions in meaningful and creative ways. Content provided must be relevant and valuable, otherwise, your company may be blacklisted or blocked.
Place more value on quality rather than quantity. A lot of marketers can deliver a big quota on connections, however, connections may be shallow or irrelevant. Hire marketers who can put focus on making connections via meaningful content, post, and discussions; thus enabling strong connections to your targeted audience and customers.
With high quality and meaningful marketing content, your company gets broadcasted even more; your online audience shares it with their own contacts, and so forth and so on. The sharing, reposting, and discussion of your original content opens entry points by which Google and other search engines are able to find it via keyword searches.
It is necessary for your company to back all social media marketing efforts with good contacts. Connect online with people who have authority to support and advertise your product, and don’t simply advertise and market; be available to develop deeper relationships with people you connect with. Acknowledge and respond to people who contact you, who leave you messages online. Don’t simply share, be there to answer comments and to clarify information when requested. Don’t simply publish and move on. Publish content and advertisement, then regularly check for updates and comments made.
- Various online advertising programs still work. In efforts to save money, a lot of businesses do away with online advertisements. Although that is allowable, it will be an unfortunate waste of opportunity if you do away with product and service advertisements. A lot of online classified sites offer free listing. Take advantage of that.
Pay per click advertisements (PPC) direct traffic to websites. You just pay website owners whenever your ad is clicked. Search engines provide pay per click ads; when keywords searched match your company product or service, you get published and if a searcher clicks on your ad, you get traffic instantly.
For online advertisements you may also choose from the following: AdWords Ads, Bing Ads, Social Media Network Ads, Google Display Ads, Reddit Ads, Mobile Ads, In-Game Ads, Email Ads, Gmail Ads, YouTube Ads, among others.
If you have a passion for making a room or a house more comfortable and pleasant to live in through the use of furniture, then you might want to consider starting a furniture business. With almost everyone today looking for the perfect furniture for their living space, your passion can easily turn into a source of income. But apart from passion for furniture, you will also need a capital, some effective business strategies and determination to make a furniture business successful.
The following tips below can help you successfully build your own furniture business whether you are out to sell unfinished frames, wooden cabinets or even modern sofas.
- You must start by choosing what type of furniture store you want to open. There are different customers for every type of furniture: unfinished frames would appeal more to art lovers, wooden cabinets would be attractive to the Asian population and modern furniture are the love of young bachelors.
- Do a feasibility study as to how many competitions you have in your choice of furniture business. It would be a waste of capital if you instantly open a furniture business which has too many strong competitions. So before even opening your furniture shop, be sure to know how many stores have a similar business, how much they sell their furniture for and whether such furniture appeals to consumers.
- Create an effective marketing plan. A successful business is a result of a sound marketing plan. You must be able to anticipate what costs you will have to pay before you start your furniture business. This may include the following:
- Cost of the shop venue, inventory and delivery
- Cost of pre-opening, opening, and post-opening advertisements
- Cost of taxes, accounting, loans and payment for employees
- Amount of possible revenue
- Amount of setting up an online furniture store
- Earn your business capital. Rather than relying mainly on a loan for your furniture business start-up, you must consider saving up a portion of your salary to add to your capital because a big amount of loan is harder to repay and incurs much higher interests.